Friday 24 April 2009

Goldfish Lifespan - IT'S AMAZING! (another story.)


Hello, I wish to write about my goldfish. When I was 5 I went to a funfair with my mum and dad in Lovedean, Hampshire England and I played a game where you had to throw a hoop over a goldfish bowl to win the prize ‘the fish’ well I did this 3 times and took home 3 fish. My mum wasn’t very happy as we didn’t have a tank or anything and for the first day or so they lived in a saucepan. WE bought them a small rectangle tank the next day about 15” by 10” and there they lived without stones or toys for the next 15 years. Bear in mind this all happened in 1974..when I was 5.. When I was growing up one of the fish jumped out of his tank and we found him the next morning, I thought he was dead but when I put him back in the tank he swam sideways and stayed like that for a while and then righted himself and the three of them remained like that until one dies when I was 20. Then one of them lost his colouring and ended up white and the other one got a huge abscess, I guess and he died when I was about 27. Well today I am 33 and I still have the white ‘gold’ fish, he lives in the same tank having the same food and is perfectly fit and healthy. I now live in Sydney, so sadly I am parted from my fish but he lives happily with my mum and dad in Cowplain England. Thank you for letting me share my story with you.

Clare Lister

No comments:

Post a Comment